Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Time

Every year I seem to have an awful time on my birthday. Going through numerous existential crises in the midst of coming a year closer to inevitable death has always been a normalcy on my day of birth, however, this year I'm hoping to shoo away all negative, pessimistic thoughts and focus on a more festive, carefree celebration. In high school I remember sitting my grandmother's house, in the den, in the dark, waiting for the traditional "surprise" to happen once I walked into the kitchen. All I could do was wonder why the celebrating was necessary. It was one year where all this attention was on me, but why? What had I accomplished in my meager 17 years to deserve all this crazy attention. Man, I was one angsty teenager, and now I've blossomed into a wonderful, cynical angsty adult.

Happy Birthday to ME.


Word.


I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment