Friday, November 6, 2009

NYC Trip and Other Things

My NY trip was so much more than I expected. I stayed with these wonderful people...


photo via stalkerbook

And had the most wonderful time!

Friday night was a Gender Bender party, which is an event hosted by some guy I forget the name of who treated me very rudely, by the way, for no apparent reason. Anyway, those two gentlemen above performed in two extremely entertaining skits. I don't have their performances from that night, but I have another one that is utterly amazing.


LOVE IT.
You may want to watch it on youtube b/c it's cut off here. STUPID BLOGSPOT.

Saturday night was just lots of running around to different parties trying to stay dry. I was complaining like a mofo because I was wearing high heels- I NEVER wear heels, what possessed me to wear them that night is beyond me. I wish I had pictures from the night... well Shane does. Hopefully he'll post them and/or send them to me.

The rest of the weekend was just lots of hanging out and seeing people I hadn't seen in months, which was fantastic.

Oh I did go to Papacitos which is suppose to be this really famous Mexican restaurant. Apparently anybody who's anybody knows about it. I never heard of it before. haha it was really good, though.

Oy it was my friend's birthday on Monday! Shout out to the Nishmeister! I owe her like a huge party. For cereal.

On a more serious note....

Since I made my decision to move I have been getting a lot of unwanted advice that is neither constructive or conducive to my plans. Instead, people are giving me drastic alternatives...
"Move back to Miami for a while"
"Wait for your mother to move to NY" (who knows when that will be)
"Substitute teach in Miami" (I'm just not good with kids... no offense kids and Miami is OUT OF THE QUESTION, ugh.)
And then my favorite is using scare tactics to dissuade me from moving. For some reason people seem to think I'm this oblivious, gullible novice at life who is destined to be taken advantage of at every turn. With all due respect, I can handle myself. I'm not claiming to be all-knowing, but I do have some common sense and a slight grasp on reality, enough not to get myself killed- I hope. So, with that said I would really appreciate it if people would stop being so negative and aid my cause with positive thoughts and serious help. Please.

Oh and another thing. Regrets. Now, I don't have many of them in my life because I think everything that happens is a learning experience and I love learning. However, I must say there are little things that I do regret saying or doing in certain circumstances that just bother me for months on end until finally I get too exhausted to keep criticizing myself and give up. I won't go into details because well, I'm too proud. Anyway, I just wanted to mention regrets because it irritates me when people say they don't have them.
"What's one thing you regret in your life?"
"Nothing. I don't have regrets."
-Instant liar. Don't trust anyone who says that. They're probably psychotic.

Alright, so I'm trying to get over this weird cold thing I contracted sometime this weekend. I'm coughing everywhere. EVERYWHERE. ALL THE TIME. It's seriously not cool. I'm trying to go out tonight but don't want to be a walking bio-hazard. Maybe I'll wear one of those ridiculous masks all night. It will either be seen as mysteriously sexy or obnoxiously cautious and plain sad.

I shall leave you with this...


NECESSARY.


I'm gonna go make some tea or something...




I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment