Monday, May 17, 2010

You're Outttttt!!!

I really like that feeling you get before you go out with a group of people you genuinely enjoy. It's a buzz that's mixed with excitement and enthusiasm for what will happen. It's such a positive energy. If it could be bottled I'd imagine it would be called something corny like "Electric shock in a can" or "Beez Buzz in your head." Anyway, this weekend has been pretty relaxed. Nothing too crazy going on, which is nice. I got to know one of my really good friends even better, and it was nice just sitting around talking. We are thinking of making a blog together and forming a book club because it's surprisingly hard to have an intellectual conversation about what your reading on a whim. In college it's easy to express subversive thoughts, but now it just seems convoluted and awkward to attempt a conversation of too much substance in social situations. I haven't had a genuinely serious exchange of ideas in a really long time and it's not because my friends don't have these interesting thoughts or no desire to share them, but when is it appropriate to have these conversations? I know when I just wanna kick it I'm not looking for my friends to start talking about universal disorder and the completely diluted, infuriating state of society. Sigh. Anyway, I'm posting super quickly before I go out to Vandam so sorry if this is all over the place. I needed to update. It was a necessity.





I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. This made me reallly want to step out. I've been awfully reclusive lately.

    And it made me want to come to NYC, haha.

    ReplyDelete