Thursday, July 1, 2010

Athom Cafe and "Nobody Likes You When You're 23"

What's my age again? What's my age again.
I will refrain from posting the entire Blink-182 song for a number of reasons, first and foremost my dignity. But my birthday was Monday and I am in fact 23!
So, a LOT has happened since my last rant and instead of updating you with all the bo-ring details of my life (sarcasm- I've been having obscene amounts of fun) right now I'm going to review an amazing cafe that my roommate and I (mostly him- I think he might be addicted, an intervention may be necessary) frequent quite often- ATHOM. It's a small cafe in Brooklyn on Broadway between DeKalb and Malcolm X. It's a tiny hole in the wall much like the bar across the street from it, Good By Blue Monday. Athom sells delicious, fresh croissants, pastries, cakes and pies. They serve up scrumptious sandwiches with real ingredients. My favorite sandwich is the brie, avocado, tomato, smoked salmon sandwich, which I'm not kidding you, I may kill someone for. It comes on this wheat roll that is crispy on the outside, and moist on the inside. The way the brie just melts right into the crevices of the bread with the salmon laying on top and the fresh tomato and avocado melding together in a perfect union of flavor. DELICIOUS. I just had one and now I want another. The guy that owns it, Jerome, is also the nicest guy ever. Though he struggles a bit with the language he manages to always have a smile on his face and pleasantly greet customers. I love that place I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone and everyone. If you like good food- GO THERE. Plus, it's fairly inexpensive. My favorite sandwich is the most expensive at $8.50 but if you eat at the cafe it comes with salad! Yumm-o.


So back to my bday. I had a party on Saturday night because I knew for the next few days I was going to be preoccupied with familial obligations. It was a gooood time. I finally went to Tandem and LOVED it. Most of my friends came out and it was one of the most fun nights I've had in Brooklyn. I've been meeting a lot of really amazing people and everything's been so freaking fantastic, I'm almost scared how happy I've been. Although, I've learned to embrace the goodness of life without worrying about the possible downfall. Phew. It's good to feel good haha.

I don't notice any differences in my ripe old age. All I feel is this impending-doom-feeling and a necessity to be successful NOW. TIME IS RUNNING OUT. AND YES THAT WAS A MUSE REFERENCE.

Too bad it's not "music monday" this would've been the perfect post.

And it's short and sweet.

I will try to update more often, but considering I STILL don't have internet, I'm not making any promises. Ugh, I want internetttttt!!!!

Oh and thanks neighbors, for not having a freaking password on your internet. Let's see how long this will last...

I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. I sang this at karaoke for my 23rd... I think its like a rite of passage for our generation to suddenly & briefly get into blink-182 again, like a shooting star

    ReplyDelete