Thursday, August 5, 2010

Brooklyn I love you but you're bringing me down- nah not really.

Eeeeek! I have no idea what to write about but really want to update. Isn't that weird? Don't answer that.

Hmmmmmm...


Let's talk about the amount of noise that emanates from the streets into my window and the constant complaints I get from friends and family when I'm on the phone and have to pause because a train is riding past my window.

I live on a pretty busy street and the people in my neighborhood don't feel inhibited by courtesy or early morning hours. No, the people in my neighborhood relish in their ability to scream at the top of their lungs and play loud music at all hours, truly exercising individual freedoms, regardless of when and where. My neighborhood defies the boring suburbian lifestyle and laughs in the face of "quiet hours" and curfews. More than a few times I have seen 14-year-olds walking the streets after I get out of work at oh 2 in the morning- ON A SCHOOL NIGHT. I've also seen mothers totting around their toddlers at the same hour. The poor kids are usually falling asleep, heads bobbing every which way, wondering why the hell their in a stroller and not in bed.
I love my neighborhood, though. Everything about it, including the obnoxious guys who stand on the corner and yell the N-word every 5 seconds, the ice cream truck guy who sits outside of my window at 9 in the morning blasting the most irritating renditions of children songs, even the train that runs outside my window every 15 minutes. I love it all. Brooklyn is the bees knees.


Yes, I live that close to the tracks. It's actually quite quaint. In a chaotic, wildly noisy way.

(not so) Random musing: I need to have a house warming party soon...


Also! Devin and I are going to be collaborating on a whole new blog! I'm super excited about it. CAN'T WAIT.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment