Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brooklyn, why are you so lonely?

In this growing age of social networking and online-media based relationship building it's kind of hard to understand the disconnect amongst people when in social settings, i.e. bars. I remember walking into Union Pool the other day observing people, seeing unbridled loneliness seep from their eyes with pathetic certainty. It's a state people are used to, I suppose. Looking for the next person to fill a void in their ever-growing confounded hearts. What can be done about the loneliness? This incessant, unrelenting profoundly infuriating reality is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now. I have figured out it's not just my own manic predilection that is feeding into these thoughts. It's not some wild delusion. Many people have voiced their concerns with being able to meet people and not just romantically, but the entire process of meeting people seems to be convoluted and daunting. There's really no conclusion I could come up with to remedy the whole situation. It's all to do with individuals and not being a prisoner of fear and rejection. I dunno... it's just something that's been on my mind...


Shudder.


I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. "the entire process of meeting people seems to be convoluted and daunting." You might have an understatement on your hands but you're absolutely right. In a world where I can show, on a single web-page, the hundreds of people I've had varying degrees of social interaction with I can barely find someone free or willing to have a conversation that exceeds 280 characters on any given day of the week.
    We're on a digital racetrack with blinders on and there's no finish line in sight, no prize mare grazing green pastures if we can't take the reigns and drive what's supposed to be our social lives.

    ReplyDelete