Friday, March 16, 2012

Write Havoc


I've been thinking a lot about our part as citizens in this country and how incredibly apathetic Americans have been for over 50 years. Since then there have been baby steps toward banning together in an organized fashion to initiate change and demand respect, but most attempts fall short of getting people excited and then letting them down. What happened J? However, recently there has been an influx of passionate causes that are no longer sitting down and allowing for "whatever happens happens, man."

It really feels like times are changing what with the birth of different organizations "occupying change", (the ridiculous) elections coming up that just feel different due to the GOP's ongoing spiral into indisputable irrationality, and the amount of people using their celebrity to gain awareness about a cause. Political unrest has swept the globe and it's our turn to speak up and get out. I've been feeling more and more motivated to get involved and have decided that instead of constantly complaining about how screwed up I think "the system" is and how much of a joke politics has become that I'll actually do some research, learn something, and, like Mahatma Gandhi said, "be the change I want to see in the world." Honestly, if you just look at the numbers there is just no way we can't instigate change if we ban together as a country. What? A few thousand vs MILLIONS?! AMIRIGHT?! I'll let you know what organization I decide to join! And if you have any suggestions I WOULD LOVE THAT. Oh and this. Duh.






I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment