Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All Work and No Play- NO WAY...well maybe

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what profession I want to pursue that's not going to ultimately ONE- turn me into an impenitent, soulless bastard, TWO, drain me of my fervor for life, or THREE bore me out of my mind. Those are my guidelines. I was thinking working for a nonprofit organization would be my best bet. Being at the gift shop has really made me realize that I am unfulfilled- excuse me- dramatically, cripplingly unfulfilled. I feel like I'm wasting away there, I could be seriously helping people, not telling them where they can get a "yummy" brunch in the area. Every hour I spend there I feel my brain cells disintegrating at a steady, rapid pace. So in order for me to spare myself impending ineptitude, I HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER JOB!!
I've been doing some research and there are quite a few organizations I would love to work for including, grassroots campaigns , fund for the public interest, or even environment america. Sigh. Yes. However, I know I cannot complain what with the seemingly doomed job market and the increasing rate of job loss, which is just devastating, but this is a step in the right direction... right? Maybe. I'm not sure if it will work either, and the fact that Eric (A-hole) Cantor was quoted in the article is exceedingly irritating. I'm not sure when I began actively disliking him, I just know I've never stopped since.

In other news, I am extremely happy that people are actually reading my blog! Thanks guys, it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside =)

I have finally finished reading this book:

I have been literally reading it for MONTHS now and it feels like an anchor, no FIVE anchors have been lifted. I was getting really pissed with the subtle messages of female subservience and necessary patriarchy- chauvinistic much? And thought I wasn't going to be able to make it through. I'm glad I did though, because it gave me fuel to unabashedly denounce the very existence of the author. No, I'm kidding, but he obviously had some issssues with women.
There were just so many different ideologies, sociological and philosophical inferences/suggestions in the book at some points it was a little dense. I found his theories on humor, religion and especially sex extremely fascinating, but there was always lurking behind his apparent genius, that little setback- HE WAS SEXIST. It's a shame because he had some really cool ideas, but I just can't get over some things he said, namely in one part of the book a woman is speaking and she says it's partly a woman's fault if she gets raped. YUP. HE SAID THAT. So, yeah. You understand my ambivalence. Ugh. I wish I could write more about it, but I have to get ready for worrrrkkkk. What else is new?

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a workaholic.

ONE MORE THING

I'm OBSESSED with this song.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment