Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's up to you New York, NY

Alright. I've been bumbling around this city for a few months now and I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed what DC has to offer, but more and more I am wondering if spending a year here is what I really want.

I have met a ton of really awesome people. People with good hearts and great minds that have shared their lives with me =) It's good to know I have friends here!

However, there is this itching I can't ignore. This feeling buried beneath my happiness. A discomfort. An uneasiness. A question. What can DC offer me? As a "writer," whatever that means, NY just seems like the best place for me. Politics is what runs the district, hands down, and for a while I was trying to find a niche for myself amidst health care reform and various other significant political battles, but have been unsuccessful. I like politics, but having a career in the field does not stir up any awe-inspiring feelings. I'm a wayward soul haha I'm just restless here. I need my city. I miss my city.



So I'm going back.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen I am returning to the NYC after months of serious deliberation and an accumulation of amazing experiences. I have a plan. All I have to do is execute it! I even have a deadline! I'm so ready.

I'm not sure how everything just clicked, but it did. NY.



I love you.


I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment