Sunday, October 4, 2009

Town and Such

TOWN.
I wanted to dance, and boy did I cut a rug when I went there. It was so much fun!

It was late and I was in bed when I got that tempting phone call, "I'm going to Town tonight, just wanted to know if you wanna come?" My immediate reaction was to toss the covers back over my head and pass out until morning, but there was something telling me not to let this potentially awesome outing slip through my fingertips. So I went. Walking there in a dreamy haze, I began to question my sanity. After all, I had work at 8:30 am the next day. Whatevs. It was worth it. I danced like my life depended on it, like if my feet stopped moving so would my heart. Yeah, pretty intense. The drinks though were RIDICULOUSLY expensive annnd the bar tender totally liked my guy friend more than me and made him stronger drinks- ass. My wallet was not happy that night, but I most certainly got happy haha. The music was really fun and loud, I also really liked the smoking area outside. There were lots of interesting people out there just yapping away to anyone who would listen. Awesome. I also did not escape the conversation that usually emerges when people are drunk- race. Shit, I dread it. It's something I always expect to come up, though, for one reason or another. My friend was telling me I wasn't "ghetto." No, I didn't roll my eyes at his assertion, nor did I get upset at the obviously prejudice overtone, but I did listen. I listened to what he had to say and I responded accordingly, "I'm me." I've battled with what that meant for a long time, and at this point in my life I'm pretty happy with who I am. So, comments like that usually don't affect me, and by no means do I judge the people who make them. I've taken enough race courses, not to mention have numerous experiences of my own, that have allowed me to be objective and understanding towards other people's perceptions of race, because that's all race is- perception, at least I think so. However, don't get me wrong, sometimes it gets tiring hearing how "white" I am haha.
whew, anyway, did I mention, I was sooooo stoked to finally go dancing! FINALLY haha, Recap: I met some really fun people, had the inevitable (drunk) talk about race, and got groped by a stranger, all in all it was a fantastic night.

In other news...

Work still blows. I am looking for apartments, which is proving to be a lot easier than I anticipated. I'm going to see two today. SAWEEET! Plus, I'm still looking for a big people job. C'mon, college degree, don't fail me now.

I have been avidly reading other people's blogs lately and there's one blog I find absolutely hilarious called Dating is My Hobby, where this girl chronicles her dating (mis)adventures. I, for one, think dating is weird and scary and hearing about the awkward, downright uncomfortable situations she deals with cements my apprehension towards the strange process, but I also feel like it's kind of inevitable...?
I shudder at the thought of that date I went on a few months ago. I didn't even know it was a date until it was too late haha. Gah, I hope I'm not the only person bewildered by the subject. Someone out there shares my perplexity, I know it!

I have an annoyingly busy schedule next week, but I will not let work consume me!
I'm ferociously hungry right now, it's pretty out of control. My stomach is totally eating itself...ewwww.

Adams Morgan Day today, I'm going to try to go exploring and see what all the hoopla's about. Hopefully I'll make it out there at a reasonable time. Plus, it's beautiful out today! I LOVE FALL.





I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment