Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nintendo Nostalgia



Again, I found myself coming to another mortifying hipster realization, but that's besides the point. The important thing to note here is the regular nintendo I have in my possession. It may be the most valuable item I own. There have been many a day/night plastered in front of the TV, yelling at the screen in feeble hopes of beating an impossible level (i.e. Fester's Quest- still have no idea how to beat that game). This nintendo has been with me through my best and worst times, a true friend.
Over the years I have acquired quite a few games for it. I haven't played the nintendo in a while so I have been slowly but surely getting the games to work again.



Most of them have been showing signs of life, but there are a few that need a little coaxing (yes, that means you Cobra Triangle and Top Gun). I have hope, and this sweet technique my cousin taught me of simply jiggling the cartridges around while the game is in the nintendo...hm. Did anyone else find that last sentence a little...dirty? Anywho, everything is coming along and I'm excited to have people over to play ancient video games! wooo!

I gotta get back to playing! I'm currently plowing through mario bros 3. The froggy and the bear suit is boss.





Oh and speaking of Mario, there's this sick video circulating around. If you enjoy Queen and Mario (otherwise known as the power combo), this video is for you...




I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment