Thursday, January 14, 2010

CRASH!

Literally.

Last weekend had to be the most surreal experience of my 22 years on this sweet sweet earth. On my way to meet up with friends I was hit by a taxi and rushed to the emergency room. I have no recollection of the event and have no desire to remember my body coming into contact with a three ton vehicle. For some reason people thing that's odd. I think they're odd.

As a result of this near tragic event my family has become even more terrified of my independence and (ir)responsibility. It was a mistake, a lapse in judgment. I don't blame them for being anxious, but it's hard enough going through this traumatic experience without your family judging you. Eh, I'll live. I mean... I'm living. oh geez. That's another thing. I'm uncomfortably calm about what happened to me. I didn't see any flashing lights or experience euphoria. There were no strokes of genius or life-changing ideas that sprung into my head while I was in the hospital. I just had the overwhelming desire to be outside in the clean cool air and away from the sick, decrepit stench of that hospital room. I am so lucky to be alive, there is no denying that, but I don't value life any more than I did before the accident. I have been in love with life for a while now, and continue to love life.

I felt I should write about the accident, but I'm kind of embarrassed by my lack of life-changing exuberance.

I'm alive.

I am ecstatic to be alive.

I love my life and everyone in it. I really do!




I'm out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, you room mate called and said you might want to talk. She gave me your mom's phone number, but I wasn't able to get ahold of her. If you wanna give me a call still my number is five eight five four six nine five three eight nine. Oscar and I both freaked out when we found out what happened, but are so so relieved to hear that you're alight. You's a tough bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. er . . . alright. Well, alight as well. Why not.

    ReplyDelete