Friday, January 8, 2010

Obsession part 1: Who needs Avatar when I have 80s movies at my fingertips?!

I think I'm going to start a series miraculously called, Obsession. This series will include things that I can't get enough of at the moment. And to start of this wonderful new listing I have chosen 80s movies! Woo!

I have been in an eighties kick this past week on account of all of my free time has been consumed with watching eighties movies my roommate has on vhs. I think watching them on VHS makes them that much better, the static-y picture and inability to skip directly to the movie with a click of a button. So you're sitting there watching all of these ridiculous movie trailers some of which you've never heard of and, after seeing their trailers, know why. Here are some clips from some of my favorite 80s movies that I have painstakingly found on youtube for your viewing pleasure. No need to thank me. ha


Teen Witch (1989). What a sick rap, and the movie is so much fun! What teenager wouldn't want crazy awesome powers to make themselves popular, rrright?! haha


Pretty in Pink (1986). I always thought this scene was the steamiest in the movie. I had such a huge crush on Jon Cryer after watching this movie.


Hiding Out. Speaking of Jon Cryer, here he is again! What a dream boat haha



The River's Edge (1986). This movie isn't as happy-go-lucky as the others. It's so freaking good. I also had a crush on Crispin Glover (I was a weird kid).


Nightmare On Elm Street 2 (1985). By far, my favorite Kreuger movie for obvious reasons if you've seen it. There is this amazing scene where Jesse (the main character) dances around his room. Another scene at an s&m bar, which is just amazing, and finally this scene which i think is hilarious! I definitely recommend this for a movie night (I totally watched it for mine!)

That's the end of my list! I hope you enjoyed the clips! The movies are even better- promise!



I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment! These look like really good movies, I wasn't born in the 80s so I wouldn't know... but I really want to see Avatar also.

    ReplyDelete