Thursday, January 21, 2010

WAITING WAITING WAITING and oh look, MORE WAITING!!!

Subsequent events are proving to be worse than the accident. Sitting for 5 hours (!!!) in a waiting room, only to see the doctor for a few minutes is just plain stupid. I went to Bellevue today for a follow-up appointment at the Trauma clinic. And I don't mean to be rude, but I swear every person I interacted with who worked at the hospital was new, or frankly, had no idea wtf they were doing.

I was sent to get this ridiculous, cheap-looking red card for what I HAVE NO IDEA, but it had my address on it and the address was wrong. Looking to quickly remedy the situation, I tell the person behind the counter. "I'll take care of this right away. Just sit over there and wait for your name to be called," he says. Awesome, I thought. That was pretty simple, right? WRONG. I waited for over an hour only to find out from another person behind the counter my name wasn't even in the queue. WHAT. She told me I shouldn't have to wait for more than 10 minutes for a card, and if I did there was a problem. Well, thanks for that nowww lady. so she fixed my card and it printed out like 5 minutes later. FML. I then had to go BACK upstairs to wait for my name to be called (it was called while I was downstairs, so I was bumped to the bottom of the list). After waiting for another 45 minutes, I went to see the doctor who basically looked at my injuries only to conclude I needed some ibuprofen. WOW. So she tells me she wants to see me in couple of weeks and sends me BACK to the waiting room. After waiting for oh, THREE HOURS, after pestering the shit out of the woman at the front desk who was also, (dare i say it?) YES- INCOMPETENT, I was told by SOMEONE ELSE I didn't need to come back. I ALMOST FAINTED. Honestly, I think I was suppose to make that appointment, but there was no way I was waiting any longer in that loony bin.
Lesson learned today: Wherever these bumbling IDIOTS went to school was either nonexistent OR made of gum drops and meth.
I can't express how frustrated I was by the lack of knowledge so many of them had and without apology!!! AHHHHHH!!!
HOW DID YOU GET THIS JOB!? PEOPLE'S HEALTH IS KIND OF A BIG DEAL, HUH?! IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH ANYTHING DON'T GO INTO HEALTH CARE!! Asses. NINCOMPOOPS!!!

If I have to go through that again, I just may go ahead and overdose on IBUPROFEN. It was comical being there, waiting to see what foolish character I would deal with next. Although, I must say the doctor and her assistant were awesome. And many hot doctors frequented the clinic, which I didn't hate, but all of that was not worth the trauma I sustained while waiting. WAITING-CONSTANTLY WAITING. NY, you need to get your health system together, it makes me sick. Oh, that goes for you too other 49 states.



I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment