Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Catchup

Okay so I've been to a few places of note, and some that were painfully boring.

BLACK CAT
Awesome venue- it's upstairs, but on the ground floor is a bar area, which seemed pretty cool.

So, I went there to see some band I've never heard of but some of their music sounded vaguely familiar. It was fun, but I'm not sure if I'd go see them again, but I will definitely be back at the Cat. I heard about Black Cat before from some coworkers and already had some apprehensions on going there. They told me the place would be filled with the textbook teenage rebels who hate their parents, die their hair green, and act as obnoxious as possible in public to receive the attention they don't get at home- ahhhhhh high school. Uh... actually, I did witness a few of those pubescent miscreants, but they were surprisingly calm, enjoying the show. The crowd was interesting, a mixture of twenty-somethings to fifty-somethings sipping beers, hanging out at the bar. One thing that did bother me though was no one was really dancing! That, of course, is not the fault of Black Cat but of these strange crowds who seem to frequent the last few shows I've been to... just too terrified to shake their groove thang. I mean, it's not going to kill you to loosen up at a concert! Ugh, I need to go to a dance party like stat. I'm feeling stifled.
Also, Black Cat reminded me of Iona's room from Pretty In Pink, very retro. The floors were black and white checkered and there was intimate seating in the back, which I almost didn't notice at first, but was a pleasant surprise. I really need to update like right after I go to these places or else it just seems rushed and not to mention uninspired, I'm digging quite a hole for myself but I don't remember much else haha. I'll be back there though... eventually...argh.

CIRCA
Weird place. I mean, I didn't hate it, but it's definitely not a place to frequent on the weekends. Well, it was nice because I was hanging out with cool people, but it's not a place I would suggest for a crazy night out, or a place to chill and soak in the atmosphere. There were too many people and the music was too loud for it to be a spot to unwind. Though, there is a drink that will ef you up guaranteed. It's deceptively called Sweet Tea, but contains lots of vodka. It's so good you can't taste a trace of alcohol. Delicious. Also, I must commend the place for having their own drink creations like the organic pomegranate martini which sounds absolutely delectable. However, I am not a fan of really sweet drinks and their raspberry ice tea contains more sugar than should be allowable in any drink anywhere ever. I almost went into shock after one sip.

Common Wealth Gastropub
LAME. I don't even know where to begin. It may not have helped that the place was almost empty or that you could barely hear the music playing, but I was not impressed. It was a saturday night and no one was there! Some sports channel was on and I was more interested in that than the happenings in the bar. I don't even like sports. I don't even remember what sport I was watching. Not fun.


In other newssss

I am working a whole lot as I have mentioned in my last entry and have been staying in DC quite a bit more often than I suspected. I love it. DC is the shit. Apartment hunting today. Wish me luck!!

=)

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment