Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Write Makes Right

I have been ceaselessly criticizing myself for not writing more, and yesterday I had an awesome breakthrough. I was riding the metro, my mind was kind of in a haze and I wrote a poem. I haven't written a poem in months- MONTHS. I used to write 2 or 3 a day! Anyway, my inspiration seems to have crept unsuspectingly back into my life and I couldn't be happier. For a long time I believed my inspiration came solely from negativity, heart ache, but that was naive and extremely dangerous. My desire to produce poignant writing was another reason I internalized negativity so adamantly, I thought it would fuel my writing, but instead it just ate away at other aspects of my self. I'm still learning about myself, I guess that never really stops, but I'm becoming more in-tune with who I truly want myself to be or not to be. It's also something that is a privilege, something never to be taken for granted. Not everyone can take time out of their lives for self-discovery, so I'm definitely not taking this time for granted.
Alright, that's enough mush for one afternoon.
I have work tonight then going to a coworker's for a partay then tomorrow As Tall As Lions!! wooo!

Oh life, you're too good to me.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment