Monday, September 14, 2009

The Drunken Stumbler @ Red Derby

A night to remember. The Drunken Stumbler.
Last night I went out with some people to this awesome little spot called Red Derby in DC. The atmosphere was really chill. Motown music was playing in the background, and the nice chalkboard list of beers was a pleasant alternative to disgustingly sticky drink menus (or no menus at all) that tend to populate bars. There are a nice amount of board games available for customers to play. We chose

which was a fine choice, but I suck at it. So after a few games of all of us losing respectively except for "the jenga master" (he was annoyingly good), we decided instead to play with the blocks. All of us were intently concentrating on our own little creations when it happened. I was hit.
A man who had been sitting at the bar earlier was apparently pounding back beers like a beast and when he got up those beers came and bit him in the ass, making him stumble all the way over to my table where he fell on me. I was stunned as I felt his weight push my body towards the table. I was hurled forward onto the table and let out the most awkward screech EVER. His friends and the bar tender came and got him off of me and immediately asked if I was okay. I laughed. Yeah, I mean, it was funny. Or maybe I'm just really awkward. What else could I do? They looked at me relieved and his friends apologized profusely. The Drunken Stumbler also manager to slur an apology before making his way outside. All I could think about was that scream I made. I wish I could describe it, or better yet gotten it recorded. It was like a delayed reaction, I almost didn't scream at all. It was after the impact I bellowed that ear splitting noise. Hilarious. Sigh. I guess you had to be there.
So the bar tender came over to us, again very apologetically and gave us some beers on the house. At least I got some free beer out of it, right?!
I also made a craigslist ad in missed connections in hopes of contacting what might have been my soul mate.

I started my job today at Ford's Theatre. It's cool there, I think I'm actually pretty excited about it!

Also, I somehow got roped into making a poster for Urban for one of our contests. Shit. I dunno how that happened!
But Urban is having a sick sale for a few weeks so I have to try and not buy everything I can get my hands on.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment