Friday, September 25, 2009

My b

How mortifying. I haven't updated in a week. I have no excuse except, I started my new job and it's eating up my hours like a fat kid eats... well anything. Bad analogy, my apologies. Hey that rhymed! ANYWAY, a lot of things are happening in my life right now, good things... I guess. I'm happy...still... somehow, and I am not trying to figure out why I'm simply enjoying it. Anyway, I have not given up on reviewing cool, fun spots in DC, on the contrary, I have been visiting quite a few "popping joints" and have come to many conclusions about DC's night life or as I like to affectionately call it, social disarray. I have pieced together that it's a jumble of so many different ideologies, pseudo-intellectuals, douche bags, dreamers, avid believers, and mostly people just looking for some kind of complexity in their menial lives. However, that seems to be universal not something exclusive to DC, and I don't mean for that last part to sound as harsh as it does.
DC social life is a roller-coaster ride of personalities, which I guess is any social scene really, but underneath this seemingly normal social disarray is something unique to this place. There is something that separates it from other cities, and I'm not sure if I know exactly what it is, but I do know politics is certainly something never to be forgotten in this city. No matter how hard I try to avoid politics, I can't. How stupid of me to try avoiding the very thing this place is built on... right? I'm an idiot, an idealistic fool. So, no matter which way I turn, which bar, club, or venue I enter, politics will always be there. Standing slyly in the corner of the room, eyes rolling over each individual seductively as it blows out a puff of its American Spirit and decides into which conversation they'll interject their wiles. That whore. Anyway...

Maybe I'll update tomorrow with a few of the places I've been. Neglecting to write is not something I want to get used to doing, after all I wanted to be a bard in high school. Did you like that? How strange that last comment was, yeah that's me alright. haha... sigh.

Is it me or is there an heir of cockiness in this entry? I better go knock myself down a few pegs. It's apple's fault. Ever since I got my iPhone I've felt like this insane bad ass and it's even affecting my writing. AHHHHH!!!

Going to Circa tonight...hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment